Terms & Conditions
- The Challenge of Wits (“Challenge”) will be governed by these terms and conditions, and accompanying FAQs (collectively the “Terms”).
- Each entrant agrees that he/she has read and understood this document and by their participation in the Challenge, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Terms.
- The Organiser of this Challenge is MINDEF.
- “Government Agency” refers to an Organ of State, Ministry, Department or Statutory Board.
- “Non-Government entity” refers to a person other than a Government Agency.
- “Personal data” shall have the same meaning as its definition in the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012).
- (“Organiser”) shall be solely responsible for the execution and administration of this Challenge.
- Entrants may enter the Challenge via the FormSG links provided at www.DTCareers.gov.sg website.
- Mobile phone or internet access charges or other third party connectivity charges may apply. In entering this Challenge, all entrants are deemed to have the permission of the person paying such third party charges.
- Challenge shall run strictly in accordance with the stipulated timeframe as stated in the Challenge Details.
- Challenge is only open to Singapore Citizens.
- Entrants must be a minimum of fifteen (15) years of age or over at the date of entry.
- The following categories of persons are not eligible to enter the Challenge: employees (and immediate family) of Organiser and its respective divisions, affiliates, authorised dealers/distributors, agents; suppliers of the Prize(s); and any other company professionally connected with this Challenge.
- All personal details submitted must be accurate and complete and are subject to proof upon request by the Organiser. The Organiser reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants and to disqualify any entry not submitted in accordance with these Terms or which tampers with the entry process.
- Incomplete, indecipherable, illegible, incorrect entries or any entry that violates the Terms of Usage or rules for entry, will automatically be disqualified.
- Entries received after the Closing Date and Time will be disqualified.
The Organiser shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to the Challenge. Entries to the Challenge with all correct answers will win a prize. One Grand Prize Winner for each week will be randomly drawn from among the entries with all correct answers received. All winners will be notified via email.
- Generally, entrants may submit only one (1) entry per Challenge, unless stated otherwise in the published Challenge details. In the event of repeat submissions, duplicates will be removed except for one.
- Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entry that Organiser believes has been made (a) via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine-assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified.
- With regard to determining which entries have the correct answers, the Organiser’s decision is final.
- In the event that the Organiser cannot for any reason obtain the Winner’s acknowledgement within twenty four (24) hours of first attempting to do so, the Organiser reserves the right to select an alternative Winner at Organiser’s sole discretion.
- The Organiser reserves the right to select an alternative Winner at any time, where the Organiser has reasonable grounds for believing that the initially selected Winner has contravened any of these Terms. Any alternative Winner will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original Winner.
- The Organiser reserves the right to deal with any unclaimed Prize in any manner it deems fit.
- The Prize is as stated and is non-transferable and not-for-sale. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Organiser’s control, the Organiser is unable to provide the stated Prize or any part thereof, the Organiser reserves the right to substitute the prize with an item of equal or greater value, to be determined at the Organisers’ sole discretion.
- A Prize may be subject to the additional terms and conditions of the prize supplier. More details on the collection of the Prize will be given to the respective Winner(s) at a later stage.
- Acceptance of the Prize shall constitute consent on the Winner’s part to allow the use of the Winner’s entry, names, images, video footage, voices and/or likeness by the Organiser for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes, without further compensation, in any media for an unlimited period of time, except where prohibited by law.
- Acceptance of any Prize shall constitute a release and discharge of the Organiser by each Winner from any and all liability, claims, demands, causes of action, and/or damages which the Winner may have, whether known or unknown at the present time, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or relating to: (i) the Challenge, (ii) personal injury and/or property damage, theft or loss suffered by the Winner as a result of the use and/or enjoyment of the Prize, and/or (iii) any tax liabilities in relation to the Challenge, Prize and/or use or enjoyment of the same.
- The Organiser shall not be held liable for (i) any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of their obligations to the Winners under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser, its respective divisions, affiliates, authorized agents, suppliers of the Prize(s), including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or (ii) from any loss, damage to property, injury, or death resulting from or related to entrant’s participation or inability to participate in this Challenge, or the use, misuse or inability to use the Prize or any portion thereof.
- The Organiser reserve the right to terminate the Challenge or to modify the Challenge rules/ Terms and Conditions prior to the Closing Date by amending the rules/ Terms and Conditions hereof at its sole and absolute discretion. Any such modifications shall be notified via the Challenge website, www.DTCareers.gov.sg and such modifications shall be immediately effective and apply to all entries, including entries that have been submitted to the Organiser.
- By voluntarily providing the Organiser with your personal particulars, the entrant has voluntarily initiated communications with the Organiser and consents to receiving information, such as, but not limited to winner notifications, from the Organiser through SMS, email, or any other forms of communication voluntarily provided.
- By initiating contact with the Organiser through the submission of answers, entrants consent for the Organiser to contact them via SMS, email or telephone calls for future notifications, including but not limited to the provision of relevant and appropriate information about various aspects of the defence sector in Singapore, regardless of whether the Entrant’s number is listed on Singapore’s “Do Not Call” Registry or not.
- By voluntarily providing the Organiser with your personal particulars, entrants consent to the use and disclosure of personal data to Non-Government entities to carry out specific Government services.
- Refer to https://www.dtcareers.gov.sg/privacy/ for more details.
- Any queries regarding the Challenges should specify the name of the Challenge and be addressed to DTC@mindef.gov.sg.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Who is eligible to participate in the weekly challenges?
- Only Singaporeans are eligible.
- 2. Is there a different challenge every week?
- Yes, each challenge will tap into a different aspect of defence within Defence Science & Technology sector:
Challenge 1: Simulation & Training
Challenge 2: Guided Systems
Challenge 3: Cyber Forensics
Challenge 4: C2 Systems
- 3. How long does each challenge last for?
Each challenge lasts for 1 week, unless stated otherwise.
Challenge 1: 18 Mar 2022, 10am to 24 Mar 2022, 10am
Challenge 2: 25 Mar 2022, 10am to 31 Mar2022, 10am
Challenge 3: 1 Apr 2022, 10am to 7 Apr 2022, 10am
Challenge 4: 8 Apr 2022, 10am to 14 Apr 2022, 10am
- 4. Can I submit multiple entries for each challenge?
- No. Only the first entry counts.
- 5. What are the prizes to be won?
For everyone who submits a correct entry, we are giving away a LinkedIn E-certificate and $10 Grab Voucher.
One randomly selected winner in each challenge will win a Grand Prize Package.
- 6. How do I know if I have won? If so, how do I collect my prize?
- You will receive an email from us if you have won. The collection details will be stated in the email.